Post by gimeurcookie on May 11, 2016 3:20:55 GMT
DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC
PLEASE SEE THE NEW TOPIC HERE
[CURRENTLY MINECRAFT 1.10.2] [WHITELISTED SERVER]
[IP: 126.96.36.199:25569] [DYN MAP]
|What is PesterCraft?|
PesterCraft is a Minecraft roleplaying server. The server is focused around canon characters in Homestuck.
How can I get whitelisted and what characters may I play?
Please read all of the rules below, contained in them is all the info you need to be able to get whitelisted to the server! Below the rules is the character list where you can see what characters are open for you to play.
What if I want to join but not rp / check out the server before joining?
Both of those things are just fine! Just fill out the application and place your character as "random Dersite" or "random Prospitian". When you get on server you will still have to wear a Prospitian or Dersite skin and nickname yourself Prospitian/Dersite name but for the most part you will be free to build on server or check it out. Do note though that because it's an rp server some may still attempt rp with you. If you're not up for it feel free to have your character say they are very busy and leave the area. Feel free to indulge them though!
What's the plot of this server?
You can see info about the story of the server in the 3rd post along with bios of some of the more long time characters! You in no way, shape, or form, need to read the 3rd post. All the info there is purely optional. All you need to know is that PesterCraft currently takes place just before the ending of Homestuck. Aka before LE is officially defeated.
PesterCraft Rules (Please Read them all!)
1. There are two types of characters. Perma characters, and alt characters.
Perma characters are characters that are labeled as yours and no one can take them. If you no longer want a play a perma character just tell a mod and we’ll remove them as a perma from you. You can swap perma's once a week.
Alt characters are characters you can swap to on the fly and without any requirements. You can swap alts once a day. The downside to alt characters is that they will not be labeled as yours, as such if anyone wants to take the character you’re alting as a perma, they will be allowed to, no exceptions. If two people want to alt the same character then a mod will decide what happens.
2. You MUST come on as your perma character for 4 hours a week or else you will be taken off the list for that character. If you're not on server for a month you will be unwhitelisted. Do note that this means you're free to never have a perma and just alt on and off. If you will be out and will not be able to make your hours please say so on the topic and tell us when you will be back. Your character will be opened for alting but will be protected from anyone else taking them unless you don't come back. Note, if you're an alter and if staff decides you aren't getting on enough in a month to be whitelisted, such as only getting on for 30 minutes a month, we have the right to unwhitelist.
3. To apply for a character just go to the app section, copy the application in there, fill it out, and then post it on the topic. You will be approved and whitelisted once a mod sees it. You have 3 days to get on as your character or else you will be unwhitelisted.
4. Try not to be a jerk and just have fun. Don’t grief or steal without asking the person you’re doing it to before hand. While it may be IC it’s best to get permission first so the person doesn’t freak out. We have plugins that tell us who has broken what block and who takes what out of people's chests and thus finding out who has been griefing, fixing the issue, and then banning the person is fairly quick.
5. Speaking OOC ((Out of Character)) is using 2 brackets. Ex: ((Did you see the newest homestuck update?)). Whispering IC (In Character) is only with one. Ex: (Did you see what happened to Karkat last week?)
6. While OOC is allowed on the server, please don't do random ooc. Consider speaking to people oocly via /msg to keep ooc from flooding the chat while RP is going on. We also have an ooc chat which you will likely be invited to when you join the server.
7. Please make sure you change the skin of your MC character into one of the character you are currently playing. It’s very jarring and hard to rp when a character looks like a random skin.
8. Tell us ahead of time if you are changing your MC username as it may cause issues with plugins!
9. Only keep as many farm animals as you need and please don't keep them in a small pen. Due to 1.9 being near a farm with many animals crowded in a small place will cause the area to be slightly laggy. If a mod notices that your area is lagging out we will be forced to kill most if not all animals in your area depending on the lag so that people can walk around it.
10. Go with the flow, build up some story and plot. Please try not to automatically ship your character with someone else's because you planned it. Give characters time, try new things, but don’t destroy your character with out of character actions. If you play Karkat as a total anime then you may be asked if you can switch to a character who fits what your play style is a bit more.
11. Please don’t smut on the server. Please. Admins can see the console and we will see it while doing daily server debugging. Please spare us the pain. If you REALLY have to do it (and trust me, it comes up) please take it to an off server chat site like Cherubplay or Msparp.
12. This is the most important rule:Please understand that most people coming to roleplay are doing it for fun. Please do not take in character fights out of character or out of character fights in character. Please attempt to separate yourself from your character as taking things personally will not only make rp with others less fun, but cause other people to become very uncomfortable. I’m sorry to say but if we see this happening you will be warned, and then if it happens again we will be forced to ban you as this by far causes the MOST drama.
Also please do not treat people as if they’re their character. If someone plays Caliborn, a loud mouth brat who insults women, then please don’t assume that’s what the person is like in real life. Separate the character from the player.