If you already know Fortuna: As everyone knows the MSPA forums are down but did you know that Fortuna keeps updating no matter if the forums are down? It's true! Fortuna is over at Eagletime and thus no matter if the mspa forums go down it'll still be there to allow suggestions! Please consider joining us at Eagletime! For now I'll also be posting here and taking commands here. I can't promise I won't end up moving though. Note: I'm currently in the process of making a Fortuna redux on its own site and as such there will be a time where Fortuna will be leaving the forum stage for its own site!
If you're new to Fortuna: Consider reading the mirror! (link is on the post above this one) and joining us in the fun.
> Out of curiosity, buy the Schadenfreude box as well.
> Ask about ship upgrades.
>Cea: Tell Blu to lighten up, you were only being playful! and...
>Tell him you might let him use your ship's signal if you get it back.
Latta: run into these two just as the conversation is ending.
> "No, you're not getting what you want. Bye."
> CJ: [Classist] No. You are not giving Apollo over to some vermin.
>Cea: Phlodor do you actually worship this thing?
>Latta Charisma Check: 45,000 is a low ball offer for such a high quality snake robot.
> Cea: What do you have to offer and what are you going to do with him?
actual suggestion: after asking what they're able to do and finding out they can do mechanostuff, ask if they can do some work finding and fixing a ship/making it less of a dump, and if they would know how to fix a hermes unit.
this is NOT a ruse to get them shanghaied onto the crew
Since Nikki is a Notail > We'd like the means to induce and possibly control mutation.
> Get Nikki on the crew, hell yeah!
> CJ: Nikki. For the whole trip. > CJ: Oh, and you all are heading to Fortuna, did he know that?
> Latta Cea: Any benefits you could give now are still available, and more, if you're part of our crew. ;3* *pronounced "ironic smile"
>Don't cheat Pablo
latta, you're cruisin' for a karmic komeuppance with first snubbing blu's call's for help, and now trying to stiff pablo for their referral. If you're actually going to try fixing things on this planet, you don't want to have to take the time out to deal with ticked off locals do you? At least go havsies.
> Latta: Your crew doesn't owe Pablo anything. But we might be around for a bit, so keep an eye for clock related things to pay him back with, just in case.
> Marble: Explain that one of their small jobs led them here.
> Marble: We landed here thinking it was an art festival and then ended up getting stuck when some THING took our ship.
>Hey gal-pal, time to catch up on all the juiciest coups and martial actions we've both been involved with since we've last talked. I mean sure we're both in the middle of something but just the basics.
Also if you have any tips of how work with O o o o we're all ears. Or, if our meeting doesn't turn out well, we could work together, like old times...?
> Marble: Ask what their project is about.
____________________________ I should have mentioned this before but for the next 3 months I'm undergoing portfolio development and improvement and as such updates for Fortuna will be few and far between as I'm getting ready to work apply to (non freelance) jobs.
The patreon is currently down until I know I can go back to updating Fortuna at a nice stable rate but last month was funded and as such I'll be on the look out for a nice day, time and idea for the next stream!
[REACTED TO EAGLETIME VERSION] ((Due to Forum rules I don't actually think I can show you what was hidden due to how suggestive it looks and sounds. Check out the eagletime topic if you wish to see it.
1. To be protected from the onslaught of time, one must realize that time innt real. It is an invention, a fib, a fallacious panacea created to sell tonic water and launch ships in circles. To be protected from the Dali Blight, one must take into their whole sense of being the idea and superreality which is timelessness. Cut off the hands of the watch without making a motion. If forced to walk, do so not forwards or backwards, but in a new synthesis of forwards and backwards. If not that, then sideways like a crab—let your cancer spread from one's spot in the sand. Speak out of turn. Turn out of speak. Confound and befuddle the on-watching Time and it will give up the ghost that it is, accepting the non-existence which gives truth to its lie.
2. Preheat hotbox to 1500°Ll. Grease your pan.
8. Disband all need for order. A line goes thisaway and thataway and it is still a line, no? Perhaps cut it up a bit? You will still get the sense of linitude, but now without being diminished by the obligation of continuum. You are not defined by your order, by your rank, by your place. You are defined by you, an inextinguishable essence which cannot be seen or felt by the great movers and shakers and organizers and bunko gamers and generals and savants and presidents and middle managers and bottom managers and mercenary lizards and directors and critics and movie ushers and control freaks and stubborn writhing masses of ooze plus tentacle plus gray matter and garbage pickers and inventory takers and trash compactors of these worlds.
10. Take down any calendars you have. Tackle them ruthlessly. Wrestle them to the ground, smother them in the mud, and tear their composite squares bit from bit. Reassemble the pieces into a time-cube, a time-pentahedron, a time-dodecahedron, a time-centahedron, a time-megahedron, or what have you. Now roll the die. This is your new way of reckoning events.
2. Put head in hotbox. Let bake for seven parts of non-time.
5. Cancel all appointments. If someone wishes to see you, simply be in their presence. One doesn't need to be reminded to coincide with others; there are many others. If others won't make time for you, you are dispensable to time. If you make yourself indispensible through the practicing of timelessness, you can be as boisterous and demanding as you like. No one will have the courage to refuse you, much less criticize you to your face. They may moan behind your back, but how does that affect you? I know you are reading this.
3. Yeu. A'eaeoé Eieuouaÿe.
12. Cancel the appointment with death. One cannot die if there is no final breath. Idiots who die only do so because they forget this vital fact, and their vitals cease because they consciously decide at some point to make a final breath. Following the stream of time, they stop by the creekbed at some point, and think to themselves, "Hmm, fancy time to not breathe." But not me. I am forever. I will live forever
21. U aí ee Öea'olla. Ío aieo, ío aie'a ello, ee ío eieueOue. Ío ell'ai-o aíe ee aiuelle— y. O e o üo'o. O'oe eaeoU'i aí eo—elláo, ía ellüe'e... ío eaoïo ee Oeieuoí'e—e eyo'o oe ué y.
A. ⫗ ⤏ ⫘ ⤏ ⫖⩐⫕
$$. Ooue baby yeah
14. [REACTED TO EAGLETIME VERSION]
22. Remove head from hotbox. Garnish self with cream. Spread with soil. Serve on platter of flattened aspirations as you grow a tree from your navel.
0. Forget everything you have read up to this point. Memory depends on the concept of thought ordered in time. Do not think. Act. Act and act and continue to act, and you will continue in action like the young do, unimpeded by chromata and splegmata and one with nothing.
document printed with mark 7 laze-oh printer! "Now that's what I call a document."
scrawled in margins:
1 as well. (scrawled in margin) I have numerous different enumerations on the way one transitions from time-dependence to the incorporation of timelessness into one's being, but I will not list it in this space, as there is no time for that here. Consult "Piss-take for a Redshift" for specifics. All one needs to know here is that one does not make the personal transition from time to untime instantaneously (despite the transition seeming instantaneous to an outside observer). Instead, one undergoes a graduated severing from time which pronounces itself in various experienced states of increasingly "darkening" time phases. The enduring self is propelled at a perceptive escape velocity away from its native white time at such a trajectory that it can ride the "redshifts" of other perceived states of time, and use gravity assists to wind its way around red time, to blueviolet Time, to either brown or grey time, to the unstable black time all in succession; and finally to the murky, actively-collapsing clear time, which is the final time one undergoes before lasping into untime. Without the assistance of these intermediate states to slingshot around, one may propel themselves into void timespace, which probably just a fancy way to self-annihilate your matter (I say probably because it's not like there's any way to tell where one goes). Anyway this whole aside is simply a formalized, stilted and probably useless heuretic for the idea that essentially, you must annihilate the past and find a way to do so without destroying your current self. I am simply imitating the blathering, self-aggrandizing style of our time's philosophers and anyone else who would label a bunch of words as "Meditation on ___". Look, I told you there was no time for this here but you continued anyway, you mega-shithead!!!
12.2. Die a couple times, recreationally, just to awareify yourself to the feeling of encroaching death so you know what to avoid. I've made myself die <or something> three times, so you can trust me on this shit
I kiiiiiiind of forgot that this topic exists because most fortuna peeps read vai the EagleTime topic. I'll start posting the rest here now.